Music For Healing LLC
"Photo courtesy of Amy Mihelich at the Sun This Week"
Group Drumming Health Benefits
Group Drumming Provides Health Benefits and Builds Community
Drumming is a recreational, active music-making program for health & wellness
for people of all ages and ability levels.
- Drum therapy is evidence-based showing that the physical transmission of rhythmic energy to the brain synchronizes the left and right cerebral hemispheres.
- All people actively engaged in drumming and rhythmic expression experience a boost in their immune system, relief from chronic pain and improved mobility and motor skills.
- Drumming produces feelings of well-being, provides stress relief and makes you happy because you are making your own music.
- Participation in a drum circle encourages expressive fun, brings new social connections, and builds community.
- Drumming increases the body's production of the natrual cancer-killing T-cells for a healthier you!
- Drumming is adaptable for people of all ages and of all life situations.
- Participation in a drum circle decreases anxiety, depression and social isolation.
- Our bodies are a vast network of rhythmic systems and drumming tunes our biology through the mind-body connection called Psychoneuroimmunology. Drumming has the power to connect our nervous, endocrine, and immune systems that results in the health benefits that have been researched by neurologist Dr. Barry Bittman, M.D. and other doctors.