Health Rhythms Group Empowerment Drumming
"Photo courtesy of Amy Mihelich at the Sun This Week"
Health Rhythms Group Drumming Empowerment Program
Drumming is a recreational, active music-making program for health & wellness.
**This is an excellent program for employee wellness and staff retention reducing the cost of turn-over.**
- Drum therapy is evidence-based showing that the physical transmission of rhythmic energy to the brain synchronizes the left and right cerebral hemispheres.
- All people actively engaged in drumming and rhythmic expression experience a boost in their immune system, relief from chronic pain and improved mobility and motor skills.
- Drumming produces feelings of well-being, provides stress relief and makes you happy because you are making your own music.
- Participation in a drum circle encourages expressive fun, brings new social connections, and builds community.
- Drumming increases the body's production of the natrual cancer-killing T-cells for a healthier you!
- Drumming is adaptable for people of all ages and of all life situations.
- Participation in a drum circle decreases anxiety, depression and social isolation.
- Our bodies are a vast network of rhythmic systems and drumming tunes our biology.
Testimonials from drummers:
"Felt great being part of a group and feeling my voice, felt empowered, calm, action-oriented, and reminded me that I have the ability to manage my emotions and responses"
"Drum therapy is very grounding and in the moment. Great for stress relief"
"Deepened my friendship with people through rhythmic expression"